Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Drive "open with" not showing local apps

I'm using Google Drive, and used to have an option to open files from Drive with Keynote or Powerpoint. Drive no longer shows my local apps in the "open with" function.

Same happens with Drive app and with browsers as well.

I've re-booted, re-installed etc, nothing seems to help.

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 6:41 AM

On another post about Spotlight and Goolag Drive, it was noted that their preferences changed from Mirror to Sync, so none of the files were actually stored on the drive, just whatever placeholder they use. It may be that placeholder doesn't advertise the correct file type for the original file stored on the server along with it not providing the necessary metadata for Spotlight to index.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 6:41 AM in response to raija97

On another post about Spotlight and Goolag Drive, it was noted that their preferences changed from Mirror to Sync, so none of the files were actually stored on the drive, just whatever placeholder they use. It may be that placeholder doesn't advertise the correct file type for the original file stored on the server along with it not providing the necessary metadata for Spotlight to index.

Google Drive "open with" not showing local apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.