Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I download the mac Messages desktop app, it seems to be missing from my laptop

That's it, all in the title. I've looked in the app store but can't seem to locate Apple's Message app (used to be iMessage). I've searched, and can't find the direct link to the app on the store. Does anyone have the direct link?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 8:03 AM

theqofe wrote:

That's it, all in the title. I've looked in the app store but can't seem to locate Apple's Message app (used to be iMessage). I've searched, and can't find the direct link to the app on the store. Does anyone have the direct link?

There is no stand alone Messages.app installer it is baked into the MacOS, typically it is in your Applications folder.

Use the spotlight search if in doubt Command Spacebar —Messages.app

If need be you can reinstall the macOS on top of your existing macOS for a fresh copy

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 8:03 AM in response to theqofe

theqofe wrote:

There is no stand alone Messages.app installer it is baked into the MacOS, typically it is in your Applications folder.

Use the spotlight search if in doubt Command Spacebar —Messages.app

If need be you can reinstall the macOS on top of your existing macOS for a fresh copy

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Where can I download the mac Messages desktop app, it seems to be missing from my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.