Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone identity

My wife and I have an iphone 8 each.

When I type my name and mobile number into my phone it keeps copying the details into my wife's phone and visa versa when typing my wife's name and number into her phone it automatically overrides the information in my phone.

I'm at my wits end over this does anybody have an answer as to how I can input the individuals details into each phone and have them stay as they should be.

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 10:57 AM

As Johnathan stated, you and your wife should agree that one of you keep the current Apple ID and the other should create their own unique Apple ID - each person should have their own Apple ID. I share my Apple ID between my iPad Pro and my iPhone 13 because, as you’ve seen, the Apple ID can share information across devices. For one person this is a nice feature in that it makes several devices easier to handle. However, as you’ve seen, sharing a single Apple ID across several people will create issues because all people don’t use their devices in the same way.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 10:57 AM in response to Josh 100

As Johnathan stated, you and your wife should agree that one of you keep the current Apple ID and the other should create their own unique Apple ID - each person should have their own Apple ID. I share my Apple ID between my iPad Pro and my iPhone 13 because, as you’ve seen, the Apple ID can share information across devices. For one person this is a nice feature in that it makes several devices easier to handle. However, as you’ve seen, sharing a single Apple ID across several people will create issues because all people don’t use their devices in the same way.

iPhone identity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.