Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transparent Network Proxy : Login Keychain

"Transparent Network Proxy for Apple System Services wants to use the 'login' keychain" popped up on my macbook air m1 2020 that I'v had for just over 2 weeks. The day after purchasing, I had several issues updating from Big Sur to Monterey, including one where it said my new macbook was being managed externally (a bug according to the apple store genius bar employee when I went back to get the update resolved. Then I had issues with a thunderbolt bridge warning popping up repeatedly even though only the charger has been connected to this device, which was also resolved. Now on day 17 of having this new device, I cant seem to get this warning to go away. I just discovered what a transparent network proxy is via google ---

1) How do I resolve this?

2) Should I be questioning if this macbook air is actually one that was used and returned then sold to me?

3) Any other insight, or even concerns, from any of the tech gurus in this community would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 11:54 AM

Hey there j_stphn,

We can certainly understand your concern regarding your new Mac having these issues. Our own MacBook Pro had half the keyboard backlight go out, and we had to send it in for service not too far from the day we received it. While we're unsure if service will be required as you'll need to contact Apple about that, we'd like to try our best to get that error message to stop showing.

When did this first start to show, and where exact is it showing in your Mac? The more details you provide, the better equipped we'll be to assist.

Have you already tried any steps since this error message started to show, like a restart as one example?

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 11:54 AM in response to j_stphn

Hey there j_stphn,

We can certainly understand your concern regarding your new Mac having these issues. Our own MacBook Pro had half the keyboard backlight go out, and we had to send it in for service not too far from the day we received it. While we're unsure if service will be required as you'll need to contact Apple about that, we'd like to try our best to get that error message to stop showing.

When did this first start to show, and where exact is it showing in your Mac? The more details you provide, the better equipped we'll be to assist.

Have you already tried any steps since this error message started to show, like a restart as one example?

Cheers!

Transparent Network Proxy : Login Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.