Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option to turn Airplay on in Preferences in Catalina

In the Display System Preference, when I hit the pull-down box for the Airplay Display to turn it on, there is no such option. The only option is to have it off. Will this not work on 2014 MacBook Pro with Catalina v10.15.7 (19H1519)? What am I missing?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 6:38 PM

HiSpot wrote:

In the Display System Preference, when I hit the pull-down box for the Airplay Display to turn it on, there is no such option. The only option is to have it off. Will this not work on 2014 MacBook Pro with Catalina v10.15.7 (19H1519)? What am I missing?

Try these steps first

After each step, see if you still need help. 

1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
  2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
  3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings.

Link

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 6:38 PM in response to HiSpot

HiSpot wrote:

Try these steps first

After each step, see if you still need help. 

1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
  2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
  3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings.

Link

No option to turn Airplay on in Preferences in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.