Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband tab in iMovie not working

Hi,

I would like to be able to see my GarageBand projects in iMovie to be able to import them. I save a project in my GarageBand folder. Under audio in iMovie there is the GarageBand tab but when click on it it is empty and says "1 file is missing iLife preview and unavailable"

I am using Big Sur with iMovie 10.3.1 and GarageBand 10.4.5. I have no idea how to get iLife preview for these files!

I know before there was an option to share songs to browser in GarageBand but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

So wondering how I can get things to show up under the GarageBand tab in iMovie. Can anybody help?

Many thanks

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 11:20 AM

Apparently the forum administrators have moved your post to the GarageBand forum, which is good. Hopefully, someone experienced with GarageBand will chime in.

You might also consider contacting Apple Support and talking with the techs there. They have the capability of

remotely accessing your computer that we cannot do here.  To contact apple support click on the Get Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum’s screen.  Navigate to a place where you can enter your phone number.

Best of luck with this.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 11:20 AM in response to MotoMcLovin

Apparently the forum administrators have moved your post to the GarageBand forum, which is good. Hopefully, someone experienced with GarageBand will chime in.

You might also consider contacting Apple Support and talking with the techs there. They have the capability of

remotely accessing your computer that we cannot do here.  To contact apple support click on the Get Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum’s screen.  Navigate to a place where you can enter your phone number.

Best of luck with this.

-- Rich

Garageband tab in iMovie not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.