Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So after the iPhotos library is migrated into the Photos Library can I delete the iPhoto library? And how do I do that? It shows up in document usage but not in applications. It seems I am taking up a lot of memory with duplicate photo files.

So after the iPhotos library is migrated into the Photos Library can I delete the iPhoto library? And how do I do that? It shows up in document usage but not in applications. It seems I am taking up a lot of memory with duplicate photo files.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 11:09 AM

I would keep a copy of the iPhoto Library on an external drive, just in case you are noticing any problems later. You cannot be sure, that all photos have been migrated correctly, unless you have viewed each and every photo enlarged in Photos.

2 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.