Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There was a problem connecting to Apple Music.

Aarrggg. Apple products work great, until they don't

I've been using Apple Music with my iPhone 13 Pro and wireless CarPlay on my 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV. Everything worked great. The software on the Bolt is the latest and the iPhone interfaced with the car just fine. Then I made the mistake of updating the iPhone to iOS 15.2. That update really annoyed Apple Music.

Apple Music will play any of my playlists just fine but states "There was a problem connecting to Apple Music" if I try anything else. I never saw this message prior to iOS 15.2. I've reboot the iPhone and removed/reinstalled it on my car. I even switched to wired CarPlay. Nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions or is switching over to Amazon Music the best option?

Thanks.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 3:01 PM

Sadly, your post wasn't very useful. In fact, my original post made it clear that I had already tried the suggestions made in the link you provided.

Instead, I actually found a way to fix the problem. It turns out that if you start up the Music app on your iPhone and then complete the installation process. You do this by selecting the "Listen Now" option at the bottom of the Music app and then answering the questions. Basically, you let the app know what types of music and artists you like. Quit the app after that. Then from the CarPlay screen on your car, click around, selecting options like Browse. Now things will work.

Also, there was no need to answer the "Listen Now" questions prior to the las iOS update. Further, no changes are needed with CarPlay, the iPhone connection to the vehicle or any iPhone settings. So, it's clear that this issue is a bug that Apple created with the iOS 15.2 update. It's a shame that Apple has not posted the simple solution I found. However, they are free to post my fix, no charge.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2021 3:01 PM in response to Chris_V89

Sadly, your post wasn't very useful. In fact, my original post made it clear that I had already tried the suggestions made in the link you provided.

Instead, I actually found a way to fix the problem. It turns out that if you start up the Music app on your iPhone and then complete the installation process. You do this by selecting the "Listen Now" option at the bottom of the Music app and then answering the questions. Basically, you let the app know what types of music and artists you like. Quit the app after that. Then from the CarPlay screen on your car, click around, selecting options like Browse. Now things will work.

Also, there was no need to answer the "Listen Now" questions prior to the las iOS update. Further, no changes are needed with CarPlay, the iPhone connection to the vehicle or any iPhone settings. So, it's clear that this issue is a bug that Apple created with the iOS 15.2 update. It's a shame that Apple has not posted the simple solution I found. However, they are free to post my fix, no charge.

Dec 18, 2021 2:42 PM in response to JimHardy

Hey there JimHardy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having issues with Apple Music not working as expected when using CarPlay, and we'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

For help with this particular issue, take a look at the steps listed in the following resource that can help: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

If you've already gone through the steps listed in the above resource, or if the issue persists after going through those steps, then we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly from this link here: Get Support - Apple

We hope that's able to help.

Take care!

There was a problem connecting to Apple Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.