Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pics didn’t restore from the garbage bin in the ICloud

Hi. I accidentally deleted my pictures from my phone. I found them in the Deleted folder in ICloud. I tried to restore them and seemed like I was successful. But now they all disappeared from ICloud and were not transferred to the other folder. Is there any way to restore pics & videos?

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 9:01 PM

Kydryashki Said:

"Pics didn’t restore from the garbage bin in the ICloud: Tried all 3 (a,b,c). My question is why I can’t see my restored pics and why they disappeared? Will I see them again if I restore my phone with earlier backup?"

-------

Thank you for the followup...

Four Thoughts:

A. Restoring your iPhone:

They might show up. You might not be able to restore it to a previous version of iOS, however. So, give it a try.

and...

B. Downloading All of This:

Perform my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Try Downloading all of iCloud, seeing if it pops up, once downloaded.

Perform my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

and...

C. Enable Photos in iCloud:

On your other devices, enable Photos in iCloud, seeing if they pop up.

and...

D. Learn to Backup:

They become deleted due to extra space being needed. So, take this as a Learning Experience, knowing to always export your photos. To do so, compress them, and then download them to an external drive.

Compressing, and then Decompressing:

1. Create: a Folder
  2. Drag & Drop: all desired files and folders into the folder
  3. Compress: the folder (right-click, and then select "Compress [folder name]"
  4. Drag & Drop: the compressed folder in iCloud
  5. Decompress: the Folder (Double-click the folder)
  6. Open: the Folder
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 9:01 PM in response to Kydryashki

Kydryashki Said:

"Pics didn’t restore from the garbage bin in the ICloud: Tried all 3 (a,b,c). My question is why I can’t see my restored pics and why they disappeared? Will I see them again if I restore my phone with earlier backup?"

-------

Thank you for the followup...

Four Thoughts:

A. Restoring your iPhone:

They might show up. You might not be able to restore it to a previous version of iOS, however. So, give it a try.

and...

B. Downloading All of This:

Try Downloading all of iCloud, seeing if it pops up, once downloaded.

and...

C. Enable Photos in iCloud:

On your other devices, enable Photos in iCloud, seeing if they pop up.

and...

D. Learn to Backup:

They become deleted due to extra space being needed. So, take this as a Learning Experience, knowing to always export your photos. To do so, compress them, and then download them to an external drive.

Compressing, and then Decompressing:

1. Create: a Folder
  2. Drag & Drop: all desired files and folders into the folder
  3. Compress: the folder (right-click, and then select "Compress [folder name]"
  4. Drag & Drop: the compressed folder in iCloud
  5. Decompress: the Folder (Double-click the folder)
  6. Open: the Folder

Dec 17, 2021 8:19 PM in response to Kydryashki

Kydryashki Said:

"Pics didn’t restore from the garbage bin in the ICloud"

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted Photos:

Three Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos App - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Pics didn’t restore from the garbage bin in the ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.