Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store won't update

My iPad has the App Store installed but when I hit the app it says it needs to be updated but it won’t update. It just errors out and I cant update any apps. I singed out and back in etc.

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 9:27 PM

Todd2021 Said:

"App Store won't update: My iPad has the App Store installed but when I hit the app it says it needs to be updated but it won’t update. It just errors out and I cant update any apps. I singed out and back in etc."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Update Errors:

What to Try:

A. Apple's Servers being Down:

For the past week, Apple's servers have been intermittently down. So, you may need to try later on.

B. Disconnect form a VPN:

Are you connected to a VNP? If so, disconnect from it, trying once more.

C. Update Using a Computer:

Use my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 9:27 PM in response to Todd2021

Todd2021 Said:

"App Store won't update: My iPad has the App Store installed but when I hit the app it says it needs to be updated but it won’t update. It just errors out and I cant update any apps. I singed out and back in etc."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Update Errors:

What to Try:

A. Apple's Servers being Down:

For the past week, Apple's servers have been intermittently down. So, you may need to try later on.

B. Disconnect form a VPN:

Are you connected to a VNP? If so, disconnect from it, trying once more.

C. Update Using a Computer:

Use my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Dec 17, 2021 11:42 PM in response to Todd2021

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having some issues with the App Store.

Could you confirm what iPadOS software you are running on your device? It sounds like you may need to update to iPadOS 15.2 if you have not already.

If you are running the latest iPadOS, and the issue persists, I would recommend erasing all content and settings of the device. This will then reinstall all Apple developed apps, even if they were previously deleted.

This should help resolve your issue.

Hope this helps.

App Store won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.