Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving photo album from phone to mac without having enough iCloud?

This is driving me nuts! Can anyone help? I have a new phone and love that I can create photo albums quickly when taking photos, yet I don't have enough iCloud storage to sync the album to my mac (if this is even possible) as i have lots of photos.

I can download to mac via usb, but this does not organise in an album and move the individual photos meaning i have to sort them again into album on my mac.

Can someone point me in the right direction amongst the many toggling in settings?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 10:44 AM

Select the photos in the album on your iPhone and airdrop then to the Mac. The import into your Photos library and create an album.

Or connect the iPhone to your Mac with it's USB cable, open Photos, go to the Import section, select the photos you want to import and import.

Or use Image Capture to import the selected photos to either a folder on the Desktop or directly into Photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2021 10:44 AM in response to Bdog79

Select the photos in the album on your iPhone and airdrop then to the Mac. The import into your Photos library and create an album.

Or connect the iPhone to your Mac with it's USB cable, open Photos, go to the Import section, select the photos you want to import and import.

Or use Image Capture to import the selected photos to either a folder on the Desktop or directly into Photos.

Moving photo album from phone to mac without having enough iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.