Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Under settings:update Apple ID settings

Under settings: there is a red #1 to the right of “Update Apple ID Settings”. Where do I sign in?

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 1:28 PM

Hi there cirreus,

Thanks for taking the time to join us in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're asking how to sign in with your Apple ID on your Apple TV. We're glad you're here, and we can provide some guidance.

"From the Home screen, choose Settings.

Then choose Users and Accounts and select Add New User…

Select Enter New…, then follow the on screen instructions."

Have a look at the 'Sign in on Apple TV' section of this link to learn more:

Sign in with your Apple ID

We hope this information is helpful. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 1:28 PM in response to cirreus

Hi there cirreus,

Thanks for taking the time to join us in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're asking how to sign in with your Apple ID on your Apple TV. We're glad you're here, and we can provide some guidance.

"From the Home screen, choose Settings.

Then choose Users and Accounts and select Add New User…

Select Enter New…, then follow the on screen instructions."

Have a look at the 'Sign in on Apple TV' section of this link to learn more:

Sign in with your Apple ID

We hope this information is helpful. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions.

Take care!

Dec 19, 2021 2:15 PM in response to Sparks0829

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. As it turned out I had to call technical support and work through a number of different Fixes. Even after following suggestions, I ended up doing a hard reboot to the Apple TV box. Had to enter all new accounts, information, and apps. This did fix the problem and I am good to go again.

again, thank you for your time and recommendations. 🙏

Under settings:update Apple ID settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.