Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Submerged in salt water

My phone 13 pro was submerged in salt water for only a few seconds. I followed the support guidance to dry it. It’s been more than 7 hours and I still get the warning that my device is wet when I plug in the lightning connector. Is there anything else that I should be doing?

Also, is it safe to charge wirelessly if I get the wet warning message when plugging in the lightning connector?

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 7:52 PM

If it is still showing that error, then I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store to have Apple examine the device. They will explain your options. Salt water is much worse than just plain tap water. It is much more corrosive, so the least little bit inside can cause a great deal of problems.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2021 7:52 PM in response to Ya78!

If it is still showing that error, then I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store to have Apple examine the device. They will explain your options. Salt water is much worse than just plain tap water. It is much more corrosive, so the least little bit inside can cause a great deal of problems.

Submerged in salt water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.