Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Water Detection In Lightning Port

I keep getting an alert about water detection in my lightning port but there isn’t anything in my port nor cable. I’m obsessive about keeping my phone dry. Just randomly started and now it only periodically charges. Help?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:48 AM

Again, thanks but my phone port is dry. Always dry. Sending me the basic apple stuff doesn’t acknowledge my issue. I HAVE NO WATER IN MY PORT! New help?

4 replies

May 29, 2023 6:56 AM in response to Codfiddle

Get a small flashlight out and make sure there is no debris in the port.

Perform a Forced Restart on the phone. Follow the instructions very carefully, as this is a bit tricky. You may need to repeat this several times.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

There are only 2 possible results when you perform a Forced Restart:

1) The phone returns to normal operation

or

2) There is a hardware problem with the phone that will need attention at the Apple Store (make an appointment) or take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop

Find Locations

May 29, 2023 6:41 AM in response to Codfiddle

If your iPhone or Lightning accessory is wet

Tap your iPhone gently against your hand with the Lightning connector facing down to remove excess liquid. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow. After at least 30 minutes, try charging with a Lightning cable or connecting a Lightning accessory.

If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone - Apple Support

Water Detection In Lightning Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.