neither my phone or accessory exposed to water, however this morning when I woke up saw the message on screen, "Liquid detected in lightning connector" does it mean battery of my iphne 12 is dying??? can a tech help?

neither my phone or accessory exposed to water, however this morning when I woke up saw the message on screen, "Liquid detected in lightning connector" does it mean battery of my iphne 12 is dying??? can a tech help?

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 5:30 AM

If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone, read this support article for what to do --> If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone - Apple Support

"When you connect a Lightning cable or an accessory to your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later, your iPhone can warn you if there's liquid in the Lightning port."

"If your iPhone or Lightning accessory is wet"

See the instructions on drying an iPhone.

"If your iPhone and Lightning accessory aren't wet

- If you see this alert every time you connect a certain cable or accessory, that cable or accessory might be damaged. Contact the manufacturer.

- If you see this alert every time you connect an Apple Lightning cable or accessory, contact Apple Support" by clicking on this link --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 5:30 AM in response to Hellofromishrat

If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone, read this support article for what to do --> If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone - Apple Support

"When you connect a Lightning cable or an accessory to your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later, your iPhone can warn you if there's liquid in the Lightning port."

"If your iPhone or Lightning accessory is wet"

See the instructions on drying an iPhone.

"If your iPhone and Lightning accessory aren't wet

- If you see this alert every time you connect a certain cable or accessory, that cable or accessory might be damaged. Contact the manufacturer.

- If you see this alert every time you connect an Apple Lightning cable or accessory, contact Apple Support" by clicking on this link --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.