Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading MacOS High Sierra

I wiped a MacBook Air to reboot it to a new state as if just getting it, I get through the process till it stars to download the OS and it gets to like 2 min from being done and it pops up a message saying it can’t complete the process, Help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 8:12 PM

MacOS_HighSierra_probs Said:

"Downloading MacOS High Sierra: I wiped a MacBook Air to reboot it to a new state as if just getting it, I get through the process till it stars to download the OS and it gets to like 2 min from being done and it pops up a message saying it can’t complete the process, Help!"

-------

Troubleshooting macOS Install Error:

Use a USB Bootable Installer:

Create a USB Bootable Installer for Big Sur. (If installing anew, delete the hard drive's partition). Then, install this macOS with it. Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support. You'd need to use another person's Mac to create one.

No Success?...

Try Later On:

There is reportedly issues connecting to Apple's servers. So, you'll have to try later on, if using your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2021 8:12 PM in response to MacOS_HighSierra_probs

MacOS_HighSierra_probs Said:

"Downloading MacOS High Sierra: I wiped a MacBook Air to reboot it to a new state as if just getting it, I get through the process till it stars to download the OS and it gets to like 2 min from being done and it pops up a message saying it can’t complete the process, Help!"

-------

Troubleshooting macOS Install Error:

Use a USB Bootable Installer:

Create a USB Bootable Installer for Big Sur. (If installing anew, delete the hard drive's partition). Then, install this macOS with it. Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support. You'd need to use another person's Mac to create one.

No Success?...

Try Later On:

There is reportedly issues connecting to Apple's servers. So, you'll have to try later on, if using your iPhone.

Downloading MacOS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.