Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappointment with Apple Customer Service

I had this message: A problem was detected with the TrueDepth Camera. Face ID has been disabled.

The problem happened by itself. My phone is in excellent shape, not a scratch. Apple customer service said that they have no solution except replacing the phone (very disappointed !!). Sent them a feedback never responded.

any recommendations how to handle this situation, besides replacing the phone???? I have 6 iPhones in my house and if I have to replace one, I am replacing all with Samsung. Is Samsung customer service any better than Apple?

thanks.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 1:09 AM

Disabled Face ID alert on your device

The link on top of this page, under the "Related Article” is the process to be followed if nothing works then please read --> "What to do Next" section. If that link did not help then please mention the exact difficulty faced by you.

4 replies

Dec 19, 2021 1:10 AM in response to yzaatar

You are addressing this to another user and not to Apple in this forum.

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, primarily for a user to user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical know-how in handling Apple products from a more experienced fellow user, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

Disappointment with Apple Customer Service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.