Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't allow Snapchat access to camera

Hi, I am having trouble getting my snapchat to work. It says my phone needs to allow access to camera. However when i got to snapchat in settings there is nothing there to allow it. Please let me know if anyone knows a different way thank you!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 8:10 PM

Hi Ooliviaaa,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Apple's support article"

"Control access to hardware features on iPhone"

Says

Review or change access to the camera, microphone, and other hardware features

1. Go to Settings  > Privacy.
    2. Tap a hardware feature, such as Camera, Bluetooth, Local Network, or Microphone.

The list shows the apps that requested access. You can turn access on or off for any app on the list.

Here's the complete article: https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph168c4bbd5/ios

If that is where you've already looked:

Seems Snapchat hasn't requested access to your camera, for you to allow access.

Hope this helps :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 8:10 PM in response to Ooliviaaa

Hi Ooliviaaa,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Apple's support article"

"Control access to hardware features on iPhone"

Says

Review or change access to the camera, microphone, and other hardware features

1. Go to Settings  > Privacy.
    2. Tap a hardware feature, such as Camera, Bluetooth, Local Network, or Microphone.

The list shows the apps that requested access. You can turn access on or off for any app on the list.

Here's the complete article: https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph168c4bbd5/ios

If that is where you've already looked:

Seems Snapchat hasn't requested access to your camera, for you to allow access.

Hope this helps :-)

Can't allow Snapchat access to camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.