Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music transfer - Old Macbook 2010 to new Macbook Air 2020

Hi there, I've got a Macbook (13 inch mid 2010) that runs on OS X Yosemite (10.10.5) and I've decided to upgrade and buy the Macbook Air 2020.

How do I transfer all my Itunes music library (mixture of cd's, purchased and downloaded) to the new Macbook Air 2020?

Once transferred I'm assuming all my library sits in the Music App? (I don't have the Music app on my current Macbook, I use Itunes)

Many thanks in advance

MacBook

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 4:18 AM

The easy way is to transfer all your data with your Time Machine backup and Migration Assistant. This will move over not only all your music but all your files. Migration Assistant is offered when you first start up your new Mac and asks you to plug in your Time Machine backup.

See Apple's support document Move your content to a new Mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 4:18 AM in response to lotus99

The easy way is to transfer all your data with your Time Machine backup and Migration Assistant. This will move over not only all your music but all your files. Migration Assistant is offered when you first start up your new Mac and asks you to plug in your Time Machine backup.

See Apple's support document Move your content to a new Mac

Music transfer - Old Macbook 2010 to new Macbook Air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.