Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

I needed to free space on my iPhone. I imported all of my photos to my mac to the photos app. I then deleted all of my photos from my iPhone. I confirmed all photos were on the photos app on my mac before I deleted them from the iPhone. Two days later they were instantly deleted from my mac. My iPhone and my mac are set to back up to the iCloud. I am guessing when I connected to the internet on my computer (I usually have internet off) it deleted the photos from my mac because they the same images had been deleted from my iPhone and they were both set to back up to the iCould. This makes no sense to me because the point of the iCloud it to back up your data so why would it delete it from a device such as computer? I also deleted the photos from the Recently Deleted on my iPhone as I was trying to free up space. Very frustrating. 4000 photos gone. Is there any way to get them back?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 8:32 AM

Hi William if you are using the same Apple ID in your Mac and iPhone and you delete photos from iPhone eventually they will be delete from your Mac too and vice versa to get back the pictures you delete make sure if they are still in the recently delete folder in your Mac then select all and restore and they will be back in your iPhone too

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 8:32 AM in response to William_Pitt

Hi William if you are using the same Apple ID in your Mac and iPhone and you delete photos from iPhone eventually they will be delete from your Mac too and vice versa to get back the pictures you delete make sure if they are still in the recently delete folder in your Mac then select all and restore and they will be back in your iPhone too

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.