how do I retrieve photos from icloud

I am trying to understand how icloud+ additional storage works. Once my iphone storage is full, can I delete from phone however does it remain in icloud+ storage or will it get sync up with iphone and delete from icloud+ too

I need option to keep moving my photos from library from iphone to icloud+ if iphone storage is full.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 7:33 AM

iCloud is a synchronization service. Anything in iCloud is also on your device. If you erase from your device it erases in iCloud. You may be able to free space by optimizing photos (settings - photos). This keeps originals in iCloud and modifies the photos on device to be optimized for the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 7:33 AM in response to samdesai1974

iCloud is a synchronization service. Anything in iCloud is also on your device. If you erase from your device it erases in iCloud. You may be able to free space by optimizing photos (settings - photos). This keeps originals in iCloud and modifies the photos on device to be optimized for the device.

how do I retrieve photos from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.