Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Estimated tax when purchasing from online store

Hi, I want to buy an iPhone from the online Apple store, when I fill the bag with all the specs I want for the iPhone an estimated tax is generated, what happens if the final tax is greater than the estimated tax? do I need to pay the remaining amount when receiving the iPhone to my address? or is it automatically discounted from the payment method I used on the purchase? Thank you very much.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 8:51 AM

Apple will not usually ship to a forwarder. But if they do the tax will be based on the address that Apple ships to. Note that the warranty is not international; if the phone ever needs a hardware repair, either in or out of warranty, the phone will have to be returned to the US.

5 replies

Dec 19, 2021 8:34 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for your quick answer, I want to use a courier service located in the USA, that store will receive the iPhone and will resend it to me, they will charge me for the service, I wanted to know if any more steps are needed apart from signing the receipt of the package, I want to select the USD 9 quicker delivery option, thank you again.

Estimated tax when purchasing from online store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.