Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add my apple TV to an existing home setup that already has another apple tv?

Hi, I live in an apartment with my best friend. We already had an apple tv, two homepod minis, philips hue lights, and a security camera as part of our apple home. He was the one who owned the apple tv and camera so he setup the home with his apple ID and added me to it. I have been able to buy lifx bulbs and smart plugs and add them to the existing home with no issue. Recently though we both bought additional apple tv boxes for each of our rooms. He was able to add his to the existing home just fine. When i set mine up during setup it gives me the option to add it to the home but then when setup is finished it shows it setup in a new home separate from everything else we already had. Is there away to add my apple tv to the home or is there a limit to how many apple tvs can be part of the home?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 10:31 AM

HomeKit requires that devices are registered with the same Apple ID account for iCloud services.

Other Apple IDs may be added to the list of users, but their devices are not part of the HomeKit setup.

2 replies

How do I add my apple TV to an existing home setup that already has another apple tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.