Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time limit does not work for some apps

I have screen time limit set up on my child's phone, but I noticed that the time limit feature does not seem to work on some apps, in particular WhatsApp, Zoomerang and Roblox.

Before anyone suggests, I have tried disabling screen time, signing out of the child's phone, turning it off and on again, signing back in and re-enabling screen time. It didn't help.

Why does screen time not work for some apps?

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 11:02 PM

I have all those things set up. I've even tried setting a 1 minute time limit for Roblox, but it didn't do anything. I could still access the app after the time limit was supposed to be up.

3 replies

Dec 20, 2021 12:57 PM in response to ChipBreaker

Hello ChipBreaker,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with those apps not seeming to work with the Screen Time limits you have put in place. You've completed some great steps to try to resolve this too. See if these steps help:

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

Screen time limit does not work for some apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.