Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant reset my pw it says there was an error connecting to the Apple ID server

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 11:12 AM

my internet connection is healthy however it still says "There was a error connecting to the Apple Id server".

FYI: i forgot my password so i am trying through recovery assistant option.

11 replies

Jan 25, 2022 6:00 PM in response to goldlg126

if the problem is on Apple's end you usually see that on this stays page:

Apple - Support - System Status

The connection to the Apple servers needs to be REALLY simple.

Common problems include:

Hidden Network-name

required use of a proxy server to get Internet access

required use of a login page to get Internet access

Use of a login server or certificate to get Internet access

Use of PPPoE in the Mac to get Internet access (typically only applies to DSL)

Use of Fixed IP address rather than good old DHCP

Variance of the time by more than five minutes

Failure of Router to provide workable DNS server addresses, or providing 0.0.0.0 [may produce -2002f]

Jan 25, 2022 6:12 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Hi Grant, on my case i can say that im sure that is not something on my network. it normally works. Time on all devices its the same, and its exactly the same one as the one displayed on some worlds hour references websites.

im having the same issues on 2 windows hostnames with icloud, 1 macbook pro with latest OS. 1 ipad and 3 iphones. Already reseted the password on apple id website twice. also im unable to access icloud as it states that there is an error. Came here to see some real troubleshooting, not tipical copy paste solutions. ah, i ve tried on 3 different networks (600mbps simetric Fiber + 2 different cellular carriers with +300mbps)

definetively the system status website is not being accurate, and the apple id service is being affected by the icloud issue.

I cant reset my pw it says there was an error connecting to the Apple ID server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.