Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 years of sent email from the middle of my sent queue disappeared

On my iPad all the sudden the Sent email before 3:22pm 12/6/21 until 3/17/18 (ie 3 years of Sent mail from the middle of the queue) disappeared. So the Sent mail after 3pm on 12/6/21 is there and all Sent email from 5pm 3/18/18 and earlier is there, but nothing between these dates. How can that happen and can I restore those emails without wiping out and restoring all information on my iPad.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 5:41 AM

First, assuming that you are using an IMAP mailbox, verify that the missing email is still saved on the email server. To do so, sign-in to your Mail providers webpage - and check that email is present.

If you have established that the email missing from your iPad is still available on the mail server, the simplest method of restoring all mail on your iPad is to delete the email account from your iPad, restart the iPad, then re-add the email account.

To remove the email account:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

Restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After restarting your iPad, re-add the Mail account using the Add account wizard:

Settings > Mail > Add Account

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 5:41 AM in response to Shannon_151

First, assuming that you are using an IMAP mailbox, verify that the missing email is still saved on the email server. To do so, sign-in to your Mail providers webpage - and check that email is present.

If you have established that the email missing from your iPad is still available on the mail server, the simplest method of restoring all mail on your iPad is to delete the email account from your iPad, restart the iPad, then re-add the email account.

To remove the email account:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

Restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After restarting your iPad, re-add the Mail account using the Add account wizard:

Settings > Mail > Add Account

3 years of sent email from the middle of my sent queue disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.