Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad OS 13.3 mail app no sender no subject

Hello

After updating my IPad’s OS to 13.3 all my received emails in my mail app all lost the sender and subject details. New emails are unaffected. How do I recover the sender and subject details for my existing downloaded emails?

Thanks

Greg

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 3:46 AM

Two things to try...

1) Force-close your Mail App (swipe-up from the bottom of the screen to reveal all “open” processes, then swipe the Mail App of the top of the screen) - then force-restart your iPad (press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears on screen - then release both buttons). This often cures many unexpected ailments.

2) Assuming that your linked mail accounts use IMAP to connect with your email provider (therefore all email remains on email server until intentionally deleted), you can safely remove the account(s) from your iPad - restart the iPad - then re-add the email accounts to your device. This process will clear any local copies of the email from your device, then download them again (with all header information intact) from your email provider.

The first option is very quick and may resolve the problem. The second option takes some time, but if the first option is unsuccessful, the second is very likely to provide effective resolution.

I hope you find this helpful in resolving your problem.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 3:46 AM in response to Gzgola

Two things to try...

1) Force-close your Mail App (swipe-up from the bottom of the screen to reveal all “open” processes, then swipe the Mail App of the top of the screen) - then force-restart your iPad (press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears on screen - then release both buttons). This often cures many unexpected ailments.

2) Assuming that your linked mail accounts use IMAP to connect with your email provider (therefore all email remains on email server until intentionally deleted), you can safely remove the account(s) from your iPad - restart the iPad - then re-add the email accounts to your device. This process will clear any local copies of the email from your device, then download them again (with all header information intact) from your email provider.

The first option is very quick and may resolve the problem. The second option takes some time, but if the first option is unsuccessful, the second is very likely to provide effective resolution.

I hope you find this helpful in resolving your problem.

iPad OS 13.3 mail app no sender no subject

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.