Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone Number Verification/Activation

My iPhone 7 wont update my new phone number, it won’t verify it. I did get an activation text and that was fine but now that I click on “send & receive” to add the number as my main way to receive messages, it just won’t verify. It keeps making the circle spin around and around, no blue check mark.

move updated it, turned it on and off, reset the network, etc.

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 9:37 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2021 10:00 PM in response to eaps99

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPhone.

Are you able to make and receive phone calls? Do you ever see ‘No Service’?

If so, this service program may apply to you. I would recommend contacting Apple Support to determine if that is the case.

However, if you are able to make and receive cellular calls, I would recommend to contact your carrier and confirm there are no issues on their end. If you have already confirmed there are no issues with your carrier, and you have reset your network settings, I would recommend contacting Apple Support to run further isolate the issue.

Hope this helps.

Dec 19, 2021 9:51 PM in response to eaps99

eaps99 Said:

"Phone Number Verification/Activation: My iPhone 7 wont update my new phone number, it won’t verify it. I did get an activation text and that was fine but now that I click on “send & receive” to add the number as my main way to receive messages, it just won’t verify.[...]"

-------

Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Cellular.

Phone Number Verification/Activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.