Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview

Hi,

When I try and open a document/image on preview, it automatically opens all the preview documents i've opened (since this started which was about a year ago so a lot of documents). Then I can't close them normally, only by force quitting. How can i stop this and make it work normally again?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 8:11 AM

What happens if you press and hold the shift key while launching Preview. This should intervene in it loading its previous application state, and Preview should open normally without any prior documents loading.

In the future, I would recommend that before you quit Preview, that you close all open documents via option+cmd+W.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 8:11 AM in response to Gabrielle Saperia

What happens if you press and hold the shift key while launching Preview. This should intervene in it loading its previous application state, and Preview should open normally without any prior documents loading.

In the future, I would recommend that before you quit Preview, that you close all open documents via option+cmd+W.

Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.