Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get music that I added to my itunes library from amazon to my ipod?

I have several albums on my computer that I had purchased previously from amazon. I have added those albums to my library but they do not show and will not sync to my Ipod. How do I get that music transferred to my Ipod?

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 11:12 AM

desireraven wrote:

I can listen on my computer but it gives me error message when I try to sync stating that the song cannot be found

I don't recognise that symptom: I would expect that if iTunes can play the song, then it can be copied to an iPod as well. But if you see a message when you sync, saying that the song can't be found, then it should also be present when you try to play the song, since it's using the same file (computer file, on your computer, that is in song format).

However, when you say that you can listen to the songs on your computer, do you actually mean that you can successfully play them in iTunes, or are you playing them in another programme?

Something else that I note is that you came from an article about Apple Music. Are you subscribed to Apple Music?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 11:12 AM in response to desireraven

desireraven wrote:

I can listen on my computer but it gives me error message when I try to sync stating that the song cannot be found

I don't recognise that symptom: I would expect that if iTunes can play the song, then it can be copied to an iPod as well. But if you see a message when you sync, saying that the song can't be found, then it should also be present when you try to play the song, since it's using the same file (computer file, on your computer, that is in song format).

However, when you say that you can listen to the songs on your computer, do you actually mean that you can successfully play them in iTunes, or are you playing them in another programme?

Something else that I note is that you came from an article about Apple Music. Are you subscribed to Apple Music?

Dec 21, 2021 10:49 AM in response to desireraven

Hi desireraven, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you have several albums that you purchased though Amazon that you would like to sync to your iPod.

Below are some articles that may help.

Add music to iPod touch and listen offline Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

If you need further assistance, let us know what type of computer you are using.

Are you using a Windows computer or a macOS device?

Are you able to play the songs on your computer through the Music app or iTunes?

Are you receiving an error message when trying to sync the songs.

Take care!

Dec 21, 2021 3:56 PM in response to desireraven

desireraven,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

We recommend that you use the article below as a guide.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Are your music files stored on your computer's internal storage drive?

Have you had the chance to redownload the songs from Amazon?

Are you also experiencing issues syncing songs that are not purchased from Amazon or from a different source like a CD?

If you answer yes to all questions, we recommend that you reach out to us here so we can take a closer look into the issue: Get Support

Take care!

How do I get music that I added to my itunes library from amazon to my ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.