Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv app

this question was previously asked but the answer was no help.

I open the apple tv app on my iphone and all it says is "Downloaded" and edit. Touch edit and it does nothing. The previous answer was to check if you have the app. I have the app - it says "Downloaded" when I open it. I deleted and readded the app also. Same result.

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 9:39 PM

all [the app] says is "Downloaded"

Consider if your iPhone is internet connected (Wi-Fi or cellular). The Apple TV app may show less features if it is not internet connected. There is a separate setting to allow the TV app to use cellular data, and it may be set off by default. Go to (iPhone) Settings﹥Cellular﹥(scroll down to the per app listing) TV app﹥On|Off.

Do you have a link for reference? So that we may know exactly what was of no help to you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 9:39 PM in response to FrankMy

all [the app] says is "Downloaded"

Consider if your iPhone is internet connected (Wi-Fi or cellular). The Apple TV app may show less features if it is not internet connected. There is a separate setting to allow the TV app to use cellular data, and it may be set off by default. Go to (iPhone) Settings﹥Cellular﹥(scroll down to the per app listing) TV app﹥On|Off.

Do you have a link for reference? So that we may know exactly what was of no help to you.

Dec 22, 2021 5:13 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you. That solved it. I went into settings - appleTV icon and turned on use cellular data for both steaming options and download options. Sounds like that should work but it didn’t do anything. Like you said, There is a separate setting under cellular that is only apparent if you know it’s there. Turned that on and it works fine now. Apple is not very intuitive.

apple tv app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.