Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Mini Is my Seagate External Hard drive good now??

Here is a screenshot I don't know how those Mac HD popped up Do I need them or can I get rid of them

How can I transfer stuff to the Seagate as well?

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 5:04 AM

You don not want to get rid of any of them. They are all set up and organized by the system and are absolutely necessary for the operation of the computer.

FWIW, they are not "hard drives" but volumes that the hard drive is divided into. Simple explanation, the hard drive is a bookshelf and has multiple books on it (volumes), each one having its own space on the shelf.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 5:04 AM in response to 99FLHR

You don not want to get rid of any of them. They are all set up and organized by the system and are absolutely necessary for the operation of the computer.

FWIW, they are not "hard drives" but volumes that the hard drive is divided into. Simple explanation, the hard drive is a bookshelf and has multiple books on it (volumes), each one having its own space on the shelf.

New Mac Mini Is my Seagate External Hard drive good now??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.