Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need to unlock my macbook, i changed the password but shows lock; to unlock waits 24 hrs?

unlock macbook

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 12:48 PM

Are you referring to this screen?

If so, it is asking you to enter the firmware password.

If you don't remember this password, you will need to schedule an in-person visit to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Services Provider to get this resolved. You will also need to bring a copy of either your original sales receipt or invoice for "proof of purchase." If you have neither of these, then there isn't much Apple (or any of us here) can do to assist you with this.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 12:48 PM in response to lizagamo

Are you referring to this screen?

If so, it is asking you to enter the firmware password.

If you don't remember this password, you will need to schedule an in-person visit to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Services Provider to get this resolved. You will also need to bring a copy of either your original sales receipt or invoice for "proof of purchase." If you have neither of these, then there isn't much Apple (or any of us here) can do to assist you with this.

i need to unlock my macbook, i changed the password but shows lock; to unlock waits 24 hrs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.