Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

Are you able to stream music directly off Apple Watch SE gps version? I’ve seen some say you can’t and can. I have songs downloaded onto my watch already and when I go to press play it only gives me the ability to connect to AirPods or play off phone.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 7:08 PM

The GPS only version can use WiFi when you are at home or logged into a WiFi LAN. If you are not connected to WiFi, then you need your paired iPhone for Internet connections.

If you have one of these methods of Internet access, then you can stream music to your Apple Watch.

However, say you are at work, and you manage to connect to the company WiFi network, that does not mean the company's firewall will allow you to stream music, so just because you are logged into a WiFi network, does not mean your WiFi service will be accessible over that WiFi network.

But if you are someone that has their iPhone glued to their hip, then you will almost always have internet access. Then again, if your iPhone is glued to your hip, you can stream music to your iPhone and pair your Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone, where you have a larger battery and will be able to stream music longer on a single charge.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 7:08 PM in response to Tykend

The GPS only version can use WiFi when you are at home or logged into a WiFi LAN. If you are not connected to WiFi, then you need your paired iPhone for Internet connections.

If you have one of these methods of Internet access, then you can stream music to your Apple Watch.

However, say you are at work, and you manage to connect to the company WiFi network, that does not mean the company's firewall will allow you to stream music, so just because you are logged into a WiFi network, does not mean your WiFi service will be accessible over that WiFi network.

But if you are someone that has their iPhone glued to their hip, then you will almost always have internet access. Then again, if your iPhone is glued to your hip, you can stream music to your iPhone and pair your Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone, where you have a larger battery and will be able to stream music longer on a single charge.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.