Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 7 Apple Watch GPS

Hi! I recently bought the series 7 Apple Watch GPS (not the cellular one). I love running and one of the main reasons I bought it was so I could listen to music while running and leave my phone at home. However when I play my Spotify through it, it cuts out every time I leave home and am away from my iPhone. Just wondering if anyone knows of a way for me to listen to music on the watch without my iPhone being nearby? I think I have read somewhere that I may need Apple Music to do this, or should I have gotten the cellular one?

thanks!

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:51 AM

well without being in bluetooth range of your iphone it would not be connected to the internet and only be able to play audio which was stored on the storage of the watch, not sure if spotify support such a thing and if their apple watch app does, otherwise you can test by using apples music app where you can sync some stuff to your iphone and then to the watch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 12:51 AM in response to Lily_L73

well without being in bluetooth range of your iphone it would not be connected to the internet and only be able to play audio which was stored on the storage of the watch, not sure if spotify support such a thing and if their apple watch app does, otherwise you can test by using apples music app where you can sync some stuff to your iphone and then to the watch

Series 7 Apple Watch GPS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.