Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Verification code

Apple TV says it is sending a verification code to my devices, but I am not able to verify which device and it doesn't allow me to ask to have it sent to my trusted phone number.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 10:46 PM

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

You would get an alert on your Apple devices (iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan 10.11 and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later), if registered with the same Apple ID account. The first one that you acknowledge will display the verification code.

If you have no trusted devices for that Apple ID account, but have a trusted phone number for that Apple ID account, then that phone would receive a text (or voice) message with the code.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 10:46 PM in response to tarafromboise

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

You would get an alert on your Apple devices (iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan 10.11 and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later), if registered with the same Apple ID account. The first one that you acknowledge will display the verification code.

If you have no trusted devices for that Apple ID account, but have a trusted phone number for that Apple ID account, then that phone would receive a text (or voice) message with the code.

Dec 20, 2021 7:02 PM in response to tarafromboise

Hello, tarafromboise.

Although I am not a hugely experienced user of Apple TV and am not completely sure what “verification code” you could be referring to, the only code I can really think of is the pairing code.

If so, the pairing code is what code shows on the display the Apple TV is connected to when pairing the device through Screen Mirroring. You must enter this code on the device to pair with the Apple TV.

Again, I’m not sure I entirely understand what you’re referring to. A reply back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Apple TV Verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.