Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.1 update is draining my iPhone 8 battery a lot faster

Hi all, after the update my iPhone 8 battery is dropping by 70% in half a day, without me even using it. I’ve tried a few things suggested on the net but it’s still draining fast. My battery health is 96% and this only started happening after the update. Any ideas welcomed. Thanks.

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 4:44 AM

Hello,

With any new version of iOS there are always maintenance and re-indexing tasks to be performed. It should settle down in a few days. These are some standard steps for short battery life

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) See these charging tips: When to charge your iPhone or iPad

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 4:44 AM in response to sousdog

Hello,

With any new version of iOS there are always maintenance and re-indexing tasks to be performed. It should settle down in a few days. These are some standard steps for short battery life

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) See these charging tips: When to charge your iPhone or iPad

Good luck.

iOS 15.1 update is draining my iPhone 8 battery a lot faster

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.