Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Monterey Weather Widget wrong location

Hello there!

I have noticed that my Weather widget is showing me the wrong location, and the problem is that I can't change it.

I have tried to open the Edit Widget when right-clicking, it opens the window, but when I click on the Location nothing happens and I can't change the location to a different city.

I have then went to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Location Services to check if everything is alright, and I have the Location services enabled, but the Weather app itself is not found in the list of the applications in there.

The Location services are working fine on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and my Apple Watch 6, but it's not working fine on my MacBook Air M1.

I also have to mention that all of my devices are using the latest software versions.

If anyone is facing similar problems and has a solution, I would highly appreciate the help! Thanks a lot!

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 11:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 11:51 PM

Well, when clicking the widget it opens the weather.com with the wrong location I had, then I have searched for my city on the web page, and suddenly after I searched for that city on weather.com something happened.

The weather widget that was already added was still showing the wrong location, but when I opened the Edit Widgets tab I could see that the Weather widget was showing the location that I have searched for on weather.com; After this I have deleted my already added weather widget and added it again, and it was showing the new location.

Not sure if this is how it supposed to work. Although it's worth mentioning that when I open the Edit Widget and try to click on the Location to select a different city it is still not working.

My problem is now partially solved, since it is now showing me the city I want to, but as I mentioned, I still can not Edit the location from the widget itself if I wanted to.

I hope this will get some attention, although it's not a critical defect so we will see when it will get fixed, I will close this thread.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 11:51 PM in response to chrisxhorn

Well, when clicking the widget it opens the weather.com with the wrong location I had, then I have searched for my city on the web page, and suddenly after I searched for that city on weather.com something happened.

The weather widget that was already added was still showing the wrong location, but when I opened the Edit Widgets tab I could see that the Weather widget was showing the location that I have searched for on weather.com; After this I have deleted my already added weather widget and added it again, and it was showing the new location.

Not sure if this is how it supposed to work. Although it's worth mentioning that when I open the Edit Widget and try to click on the Location to select a different city it is still not working.

My problem is now partially solved, since it is now showing me the city I want to, but as I mentioned, I still can not Edit the location from the widget itself if I wanted to.

I hope this will get some attention, although it's not a critical defect so we will see when it will get fixed, I will close this thread.

MacOS Monterey Weather Widget wrong location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.