Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming Apple TV

I recently purchased a movie from Apple TV and was hoping to stream it to my TV using AirBeam for Panasonic. However, I found this appears not to be possible and I had to watch the movie on my Mac, which was disappointing. Does anyone know if there is a solution?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 10:25 AM

If you want to stream purchases from the Apple TV app on Mac to TV then you need both devices to support airplay 2. For the TV that means either Apple TV hardware or a smart TV that supports that protocol.

You can also use the Apple TV app directly, which is available not only on compatible smart TVs, but other devices like Roku, Fire TV, Playstation, Xbox, Google TV.

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple (CA)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 10:25 AM in response to Sen101

If you want to stream purchases from the Apple TV app on Mac to TV then you need both devices to support airplay 2. For the TV that means either Apple TV hardware or a smart TV that supports that protocol.

You can also use the Apple TV app directly, which is available not only on compatible smart TVs, but other devices like Roku, Fire TV, Playstation, Xbox, Google TV.

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple (CA)

Streaming Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.