Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get Brother Label Printer QL-700 (PTouch) to work with macOS Monterey 12.1

I have plugged in the printer using USB lead. I have downloaded the printer drivers and the update printer software. I cannot get the Brother Label Printer QL-700 (PTouch) to work with macOS Monterey 12.1. Is there a solution???

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 7:42 AM

ou did use the software update listed here identified for macOS 12?

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=lpql700eus&os=10071

That page also has software for update the printer's firmware. Is the firmware up to date?

Does the Printers and Scanner preference page see the the label printer?

Have you reset the printing system?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Palaikymas (LT)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 7:42 AM in response to suzannefromport macquarie

ou did use the software update listed here identified for macOS 12?

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=lpql700eus&os=10071

That page also has software for update the printer's firmware. Is the firmware up to date?

Does the Printers and Scanner preference page see the the label printer?

Have you reset the printing system?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Palaikymas (LT)

Feb 1, 2022 9:18 PM in response to sergio68

Could you please expand on your reply? I'm trying to install brother label printer QL-700 on Monterey. No success. There is no driver for this version, but the p-touch doesn't work if I cannot connect the printer. I installed driver for Catalana (as you recommended), but not sure what you mean by "install it with the Brother QL-700 cups"... what is that?

If I try to add a new printer, I cannot see any brother printers available.

Please help!

I cannot get Brother Label Printer QL-700 (PTouch) to work with macOS Monterey 12.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.