Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting emailed image attachments from system files

When I delete an email from mail that has an image attached (I curate a monthly challenge that results in 30 or 40 large images monthly), the attachment is deleted from mail but it seems the image files remain on my system. I've been able to find them in the past but can't find them now to delete them and they're wasting space on my hard drive. Where and how do I find them in Catalina 10.15.7 ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 12:58 PM

The location that Apple Mail saves attachments to is in the Users Library folder. The full file path is the following. To access the Library folder, you can use the “Go” menu from the Finder. If you hold the 'alt' key while in this menu, you will get the option of the 'Library' folder.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 12:58 PM in response to TRSch

The location that Apple Mail saves attachments to is in the Users Library folder. The full file path is the following. To access the Library folder, you can use the “Go” menu from the Finder. If you hold the 'alt' key while in this menu, you will get the option of the 'Library' folder.

Dec 21, 2021 12:13 PM in response to PRP_53

Thanks very much for tying. Unfortunately I'd already deleted all of the emails that had attachments and the attachments disappeared from email when I did so, but I know they remain in my filing system and I still cannot find them despite trying the instructions in the article. I know I've found them in the past but using the same process no longer works, probably because I've updated my O/S since I last did it.

Deleting emailed image attachments from system files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.