Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Office 2019 (Word, PowerPoint & Excel) do not open recents with 12.1 update

Using latest build for MS 2019 Mac suite - 16.56

M1 MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.1

Issue: Used to be able to open previously saved files using the File>Open Recent menu. After 12.1 update, I'm getting "Word cannot open the document:  user does not have access privileges" and "This document is either deleted or not currently accessible." Issue is these docs are available, and are in exactly the same file path - no changes.

What I've tried

1) If I navigate to File>Open and search manually in the file hierarchy, locate it, it opens fine/no problem. If I then save it again, close, and try and invoke Open Recent, I get the same erro message.

2) Restarted in boot mode, ran first aid and repaired anything that needed repairing. restarted. Same issue.

No idea what else to try. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 9:53 AM

richbrazil wrote:

Issue: Used to be able to open previously saved files using the File>Open Recent menu. After 12.1 update, I'm getting "Word cannot open the document:  user does not have access privileges" and "This document is either deleted or not currently accessible." Issue is these docs are available, and are in exactly the same file path - no changes.

What I've tried
1) If I navigate to File>Open and search manually in the file hierarchy, locate it, it opens fine/no problem. If I then save it again, close, and try and invoke Open Recent, I get the same erro message.
2) Restarted in boot mode, ran first aid and repaired anything that needed repairing. restarted. Same issue.

Update your third party software—

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility

Microsoft Corporation/Customer service

1 (800) 642-7676

https://support.microsoft.com

The current Office for Mac; Office 365 are OK with Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 9:53 AM in response to richbrazil

richbrazil wrote:

What I've tried

Update your third party software—

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility

Microsoft Corporation/Customer service

1 (800) 642-7676

https://support.microsoft.com

The current Office for Mac; Office 365 are OK with Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey

Office 2019 (Word, PowerPoint & Excel) do not open recents with 12.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.