Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS 14.6 question marks

I have been receiving ??? on various windows and apps using Mojave 10.14.6. Please refer to the screen shot. I reset my Fonts and also checked the box in Fonts to delete duplicates. I've also reviewed various sites and this Apple Community, but, I was not able to locate and answer or solution. I did add a new font, but, that was about a year ad a half ago.

I know this has been a problem for users. I have two MacBook Pros Mid 2015 15" 10.14.6 and a 2016 Mid 15" 10.14.6 and both just recently (within the past three weeks) have had this issue. I don't have them on the same network or share files.

Does anyone have a solution for eliminating the (???)?

I need to run Mojave because I have a 32 bit application I need to run. I can't upgrade at this time to a newer OS.

Thanks very much - Frank

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 11:52 AM

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

You have a corrupt or bad Font most likely.

Open Font Book in Applications & Verify all fonts.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 11:52 AM in response to flyfishing2000

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

You have a corrupt or bad Font most likely.

Open Font Book in Applications & Verify all fonts.

Mac OS 14.6 question marks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.