Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question Boxes Everywhere Can’t fix

Initially I have the “macOS wants to make changes” screen and then I went into safe mode and it was all question mark boxes everywhere. I tried the font app but it is also question marks.

please help!

cheers and thanks

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 5:09 PM

5 replies

Feb 10, 2020 8:19 AM in response to slow triathlete

Corrupt fonts.

Barney-15E has pointed in you in the correct direction.

If this does not resolve your issue immediately, Try a SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

to clear caches. Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5-15 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc. Login and test. Reboot and test

Feb 10, 2020 8:35 AM in response to slow triathlete

MacBook Air wants to make changes virus - can’t do anything?

No one seems to comprehend that you already tried Safe Mode and that you're unable to do anything, due to the fact nothing is readable.

That Mac's macOS installation is corrupted. Nothing will work until you restore its content from a backup preceding the onset of that corruption: Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support

Before you do that, try reinstalling macOS: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Question Boxes Everywhere Can’t fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.