Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview in Monterey not working

On my 2011 iMac with High Sierra, Preview opens the file (Images, PDFs, Music, etc) when the space bar is pressed, even when Preview is not the default application. On my M1 Mac Mini with Monterey, Preview only opens a thumbnail when the space bar is pressed, even when it is the default app. Can someone help me get to preview opening the file by pressing the space bar?

Mac mini, 12.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 5:10 AM

paxroman wrote:

On my 2011 iMac with High Sierra, Preview opens the file (Images, PDFs, Music, etc) when the space bar is pressed, even when Preview is not the default application.

On my M1 Mac Mini with Monterey, Preview only opens a thumbnail when the space bar is pressed, even when it is the default app. Can someone help me get to preview opening the file by pressing the space bar?

Spacebar opens using QuickLook

select and double click an icon to open up the file/image

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/view-and-edit-files-with-quick-look-mh14119/mac

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 5:10 AM in response to paxroman

paxroman wrote:

On my 2011 iMac with High Sierra, Preview opens the file (Images, PDFs, Music, etc) when the space bar is pressed, even when Preview is not the default application.

On my M1 Mac Mini with Monterey, Preview only opens a thumbnail when the space bar is pressed, even when it is the default app. Can someone help me get to preview opening the file by pressing the space bar?

Spacebar opens using QuickLook

select and double click an icon to open up the file/image

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/view-and-edit-files-with-quick-look-mh14119/mac

Preview in Monterey not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.