Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer Final Cut Pro from an older computer and update it on a new one?

I have an older version of Final Cut Pro (that was purchased at an Apple Store) on an old MacBook that I need to transfer to a new computer (and then update). How do I do it (since again my FCP was not purchased online but at a physical location)?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 1:27 PM

8 replies

Dec 21, 2021 1:41 PM in response to Craig Pines

The current version of Final Cut Pro is only sold through the online Mac App Store. When it’s purchased you use your Apple ID and password to buy the software. If you did this, you can get an updated copy of the software by logging into the App Store with your Apple ID. Click the button in the lower left. In your Account Purchased page find the application you bought and download it from there.

How to transfer Final Cut Pro from an older computer and update it on a new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.