Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop Stacks

I recently installed Monterey 12.0.1. I chose the option to organize the desktop into stacks. Now I want to undo that decision. How can it be done?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 12:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 7:38 AM

Yes, you can recover from a recent Time Machine backup made before you reorganized the files using the Stacks feature. I suggest using the Migration Assistant to recover your specific user account. Choose the option to keep a copy of the current user folder just in case you need to recover any files that were changed after the backup date.

- Pie Lover

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 7:38 AM in response to treckymom2

Yes, you can recover from a recent Time Machine backup made before you reorganized the files using the Stacks feature. I suggest using the Migration Assistant to recover your specific user account. Choose the option to keep a copy of the current user folder just in case you need to recover any files that were changed after the backup date.

- Pie Lover

Desktop Stacks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.