Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my Microsoft Office 2011 still work with OS Monterey?

Will my hundreds of Microsoft Office 2011 documents still work with OS Monterey?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 6:50 AM

Yes, your documents will continue to be read but not by Office 2011. Office 2011 stopped working with macOS Catalina 10.15 and that’s three versions of macOS ago. If you are running Catalina or later you will need to upgrade your Office and it will not be a free upgrade. Microsoft has moved to a subscription model in which you pay monthly or yearly for Office (now called Microsoft 365). For the time being you can purchase a perpetual license for Office 2019 but Microsoft is doing away with perpetual licenses in 2022 and Microsoft 365 will be subscription only goin forward.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 6:50 AM in response to ellisfilmnm

Yes, your documents will continue to be read but not by Office 2011. Office 2011 stopped working with macOS Catalina 10.15 and that’s three versions of macOS ago. If you are running Catalina or later you will need to upgrade your Office and it will not be a free upgrade. Microsoft has moved to a subscription model in which you pay monthly or yearly for Office (now called Microsoft 365). For the time being you can purchase a perpetual license for Office 2019 but Microsoft is doing away with perpetual licenses in 2022 and Microsoft 365 will be subscription only goin forward.

Will my Microsoft Office 2011 still work with OS Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.