You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina incompatibility with Adobe Photoshop and/or Canon printer

Ever since updating to my OS to Catalina Photoshop no longer gives me the Canon-specific options in the printer profile when Photoshop Manages Colors. My printer driver and firmware are up to date and I've got all the versions of Photoshop from 2019-2022 and they don't show up on any of them. My printed color has been bad since those options have disappeared. Does anyone have an idea how I can those options back? Computer: 2012 MacBook Pro. Printer: Pixma Pro 100.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 4:31 PM

Do the Canon-specific options appear when you attempt to print from apps other than Photoshop? If they do, then the problem is with Photoshop and you would need to further diagnose Photoshop.

If they do not, then it sounds like something happened to the printer setup or possibly the driver. In that case first try deleting the printer from System Preferences > Printers, then add the printer again to create a new printer queue. This will re-create the printer and start a new printer queue. (It does not remove the existing driver; it only re-creates the printer & printer queue.) See if that fixes the problem before going any further.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 22, 2021 4:31 PM in response to bluengrey

Do the Canon-specific options appear when you attempt to print from apps other than Photoshop? If they do, then the problem is with Photoshop and you would need to further diagnose Photoshop.

If they do not, then it sounds like something happened to the printer setup or possibly the driver. In that case first try deleting the printer from System Preferences > Printers, then add the printer again to create a new printer queue. This will re-create the printer and start a new printer queue. (It does not remove the existing driver; it only re-creates the printer & printer queue.) See if that fixes the problem before going any further.

Catalina incompatibility with Adobe Photoshop and/or Canon printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.