Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apps don't show in the backup

How do I get my apps to back up when the app does not appear in iCloud

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 1:01 PM

The data that you can view at icloud.com is data that is synced to iCloud (e.g., iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, synced Contacts, Notes, etc.). You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup.

Also note that when you do a restore of an iCloud Backup, the apps are downloaded from the App Store. They are not stored in iCloud with the Backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 1:01 PM in response to 630kris

The data that you can view at icloud.com is data that is synced to iCloud (e.g., iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, synced Contacts, Notes, etc.). You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup.

Also note that when you do a restore of an iCloud Backup, the apps are downloaded from the App Store. They are not stored in iCloud with the Backup.

my apps don't show in the backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.